Treehugger reports that a 900-year-old church in Withington, England is now running on 100% solar energy. St. Michael and All Angels Church recently installed 24 Kyocera solar modules for a total output of 3.12kW.
The Church of England has recently been promoting efforts to “go green” while carefully maintaining the historical–and religious–elements of their buildings.
Solar panel supplier Kyocera explained in a statement that the “the modules were carefully installed to meet strict regulations concerning historical buildings by using a special ladder system that did not adversely affect the structure of the building or its visual appearance.”
Although ancient buildings in cloudy climates may not be the most obvious place to install solar panels, Treehugger noted that many churches followed a traditional design and were built on an east/west axis, resulting in lots of southern-facing church roofs across Great Britain.
According to green energy provider Ecotricity, more than 100 churches in southwest England are already using solar energy with more than 300 other Church of England buildings (including vicarages and religious schools) using other types of renewable energy.
St. Michael and All Angels Church also feature a biomass boiler for heat in addition to the solar panels that will support the building’s energy needs.
Check Out What Others Are Reading:
👉 Equipment User Guide
- A Review Of The Solar Generator From Solutions From Science: Energy Saviour In Case Of Emergency 2022
- Should You Go For Solar Shingles? The Photovoltaic Cells That Resemble Traditional Roofing Bricks: Everything You Need To Know 2022
- A Sunny Proposition: Top 3 Considerations To Think Over Before Going Solar At Home 2022
👉 Solar Panels
- Affordable Solar Panels: New Material, Alternative Power, Cost-Effectively
- How To Clean Solar Light Panels?
- 30+ Most Frequently Asked Questions About Solar Energy System 2022: All You Need To Know About Solar Power As energy Source At Home – The Precautions And Myths
👉 Solar Heaters
- How Residential Solar Hot Water Heaters Work? The Equipment And Set Up You Will Need For Effective Use 2022
- Top Energy Efficient Solar Water Heaters Reviewed: Approved Manufacturers For Your Home 2022
- 30+ Most Frequently Asked Questions About Solar Hot Water Heaters: Everything You Need To Know About Your Residential Solar Powered Water Heater 2022
👉 Solar Powered Gadgets And Equipment
- How Does Solar Energy Came About And The Science Behind 2022: Recharge Batteries With Solar Energy And Never Be Without Power Again!
- GE Electric Heat Pump Water Heater Review: The Ultimate Guide On Using And Its Various Setting 2022
- Solar Panel Review For Shed | Roof | Boat | RV
👉 Solar Power Efficiency And Budget Plans
- How To Eliminate 100% Of Your Water Heating Costs By Using Solar? Save Money And Reduce Water Consumption 2022
- Top Energy Star Furnace Rebates: Review These Top Approved Energy Star Furnace Before Making Your Purchase 2022
- How Much Power Can You Get from Solar Roofing Panels? All The Data You Need To Know 2022
👉 Sustainability And Climate Efforts
- The Sun And Wind As An Alternative Power Source: Their Edge And Benefits
- How Solar Energy & Going Green Can Charge Up Your Life: Start Making A Positive Impact Now 2022
- 6 Reasons Why Solar Power Is The Most Sustainable And Viable Option For Home Electricity Use: Efficiency, Tax Breaks And More 2022
👉 Product Reviews
- Take These 4 Baby Steps To Go Solar 2022: Transform Your Living With These Gadgets And Equipment
- How To Brighten Your Landscape With Solar Powered Decor – Follow These Steps For The Easiest Outdoor Revamp 2022
- Everything You Need To Know Before Installing Solar Powered Air Conditioning 2022: Harness Sun Power To Keep Cool In Summer
👉 Solar Power DIY Kits
- Solar Power For Homes: Useful Resources Links 2022
- Reasons Why You Should DIY Solar Power For Home Use 2022: Unlimited Potential And Environmental-Friendly
- Free Solar DIY Experiment Kit For Kids – Develop STEM Concepts With Renewable Energy Sources Early
👉 Certifications For Solar Power