It’s becoming more and more common in today’s technologically advanced society for people to gravitate towards a lifestyle set in nature–one that doesn’t depend on the rest of the world for any day to day needs.
Known as off-grid living, this back-to-basics way of life is not only independent–it’s earth-friendly as well. Off-grid cabins that have power don’t get it from utility companies–they’re powered by green power sources that conserve energy and in the long run, save money as well.
If you’re wondering how you can get your own power in an off-grid cabin, read on. Featured below are three excellent off-grid power source options.
Hydropower is a very green source of power, as long as you have a continually flowing water source such as a river, creek, or stream on or near your property. A hydropower system takes water run-off from a dam and uses a turbine to change that water into usable energy.
Once the falling water spins through the blades of the turbine, the usable energy is carried into your home via a generator. You need free access to a moving water source in order for hydropower to power-up your cabin, so it’s important to check with your local DNR before investing any time or money into a hydropower system.
>>> Read Next >>>
Solar power is the most popular power source for off-grid cabins. Unlike water, there’s no regulations placed on sunshine–and it’s almost always readily available regardless of where you live. To get solar power in your cabin, you must install a system that consists of solar panels, batteries, and an inverter.
A fairly large system is required if you want to be able to use large appliances–and while the initial investment might seem rather hefty, it is a system that will save you a lot of money down the road. Solar panels capture sunlight in special cells known as photovoltaic cells.
The solar panel system then transforms the absorbed light into energy for your cabin. There are many systems available if you want to use solar power, so it’s important to figure out what you need and compare all of your options before you decide which system would be the best one for your cabin.
>>> Read Next >>>
Another option for powering an off-grid cabin is wind power. Wind is turned into usable energy in a fashion that’s similar to hydropower systems–only using wind instead of water. The turbine rotors of a windmill or wind tower spin as wind passes through them.
This rapidly moving energy then enters into a generator that is situated inside the wind tower. From there it goes through the power lines and into your cabin.
Wind towers work great providing there’s enough wind to keep them going–they’re efficient and cheap once the initial investment is paid off.
The location and size of your cabin, along with the amount of power you expect you’ll need are the main factors you should consider if you’re trying to determine the best power source option for living off-grid.
While one may be a better option for your situation than another, any of these options will save you money and allow you to live free and green.
Check Out What Others Are Reading:
👉 Equipment User Guide
- Reasons Why You Should Deep Cycle Batteries For Solar Panels – Going Green To Save Green 2021
- Will Solar Energy Pay Off? Benefits Of Why You Should Install Home Solar Energy Systems 2021: Green Renewable Energy
- Roofing Contractors Turn To “Green” Roofing: All You Need To Know About Making The Right Decisions For Your Roof 2021
👉 Solar Panels
- New Material In Solar Panels 2021: Use Affordable Alternative Power Cost-Effectively
- The Best Home Solar Panel For Beginners 2021: Solar Energy Basics 101 Easy To Install And Operate
- Looking For Solar Panels At A Low Price? Benefits Of Quality Second Hand Solar Panels For Home Use And Points You Should Consider 2021
👉 Solar Heaters
- 30+ Most Frequently Asked Questions About Solar Hot Water Heaters: Everything You Need To Know About Your Residential Solar Powered Water Heater 2021
- Why Solar Hot Water Heater? Top Tips On Saving Money On Heating And Efficient Use Of Energy 2021
- How Residential Solar Hot Water Heaters Work? The Equipment And Set Up You Will Need For Effective Use 2021
👉 Solar Powered Gadgets And Equipment
- How To Brighten Your Landscape With Solar Powered Decor – Follow These Steps For The Easiest Outdoor Revamp 2021
- 6 Solar Power Products And Gadgets For Middle Class Families And Homes: Find The Products That Suit Your Budget 2021
- Which Is Better For Your Household Electricity Generation: Wind Turbines Or Solar Panels? Wind And Solar Power For Home Use Compared 2021
👉 Solar Power Efficiency And Budget Plans
- Wealth Generation By Solar Panels – Beyond ROI, Payback Periods & Saving Money: Learn How To Invest In Solar Energy 2021
- Hidden Costs For A Solar Home: Know This Before Deciding Whether To Go Solar At Home Or Not 2021
- A Quick Review Of Solar Power For Home 2021: Why Solar Energy And How Much Can You Save?
👉 Sustainability And Climate Efforts
- Most Green US City & Governments 2021: Statistics And Power Source Cited
- Global Warming, Your Freedoms – And The Man Behind The Curtain
- Rational Way To Fight Big Energy Companies & Climbing Energy Bills 2021
👉 Product Reviews
- All You Need To Know About Solar Cars: The Future Of Solar Battery Market And The Automobile Industry 2021
- Can Air Conditioners Be Green? Sustainably Redesigned Solutions Against Global Warming Explained 2021
- Solar Powered Shingles Review 2021
👉 Solar Power DIY Kits
- Frostfire 16 Bright LED Wireless Solar Powered Motion Sensor Light Review 2021: For The DIY Enthusiasts
- Examples Of DIY Solar Panels For Heating Up Pools: Set Up, Benefits, Power Calculations And Points To Note When Installing 2021
- Reasons Why You Should DIY Solar Power For Home Use 2021: Unlimited Potential And Environmental-Friendly
👉 Certifications For Solar Power