Ever since Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, humans have had a safe, predictable way of lighting their nightly activities. Soon the electric light bulb filled street lamps and found its way into the homes of everyday people. Using a kerosene lamp or candle for lighting eventually became irrelevant and nearly unheard of.
The invention of the light bulb revolutionized the world, and today we still march on to the steady beat of innovation. Edison’s light bulbs were incandescent, and people have since sought to improve them even further.
✅ Best Color Changing LED Light Bulb
Good value twin pack of E27 Colour changing 10W LED bulbs. – These lights work great and there are plenty of colors. The color are note very accurately portrayed in pictures and there is a much bigger difference between them. Please note that these bulbs are much larger than standard bulbs. There is a huge difference between level 2 and 3 white light. The brightest setting is like being in a operating room.
Light Bulb Options
CFL bulbs, commonly called fluorescent light bulbs, use far less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs and have been championed by many in the modern environmental movement. Technological advances have made them extremely inexpensive and able to light a room with the familiar warm glow of an incandescent bulb.
They have been attacked for many potentially harmful ingredients, however, and critics have questioned their ultimate benefit to the environment. They require special disposal that may be too much of a hassle for the average household, though they don’t need to be changed nearly as frequently as incandescent light bulbs.
In the wake of the CFL bulb’s questionable environmental credibility, another alternative took the scene by storm. Light-emitting diodes, otherwise known as LED lights, are known to the average consumer in the form of displays on electronics such as alarm clocks and, more recently, televisions.
These bulbs last extremely long, emit almost no heat and are extremely energy efficient. The technology is the clear way of the future, and advances should be expected.
As it stands, however, the bulb is currently an expensive option, and the light is directional. Whereas incandescent and CFL bulbs radiate light evenly out from the bulb, the light from an LED bulb is pointed in one direction.
CFL bulbs are currently the least expensive option if 30,000 hours worth of energy costs are included, but that should be expected to change rapidly as LED technology develops. LED bulbs still lead incandescent light bulbs which, despite their low sticker price, are the most expensive of all when energy is factored in. Individuals must decide where their priorities lie when balancing cost, quality and environmental friendliness of these different options. LED is expected to eventually be the best option in each category as technology develops.
>>> Read Next >>>
Light Bulb Recycling
Whatever bulbs an individual buys or society as a whole uses, an undeniable part of lighting the world in an environmentally-responsible manner is recycling those bulbs safely.
It’s particularly crucial at this juncture where CFL bulbs represent the cheapest option but contain chemicals such as mercury that are environmentally-hazardous and difficult for the average family to dispose of. A UK corporation recently solved that problem with a completely safe light bulb recycling machine.
It looks like a vending machine, and it’s completely user friendly and safe. It doesn’t require staff to handle potentially hazardous material, and it utilizes an automated soft drop system that ensures all light bulbs end up in the proper place without breaking. The machine issues users a voucher as a reward for recycling that can be used for product discounts and sales.
>>> Read Next >>>
While incandescent, CFL and LED bulbs all have their advantages and disadvantages, more energy-efficient alternatives win out over incandescent as a whole. In addition, the LED light is expected to be the perfect bulb in the next three to five years.
The march of progress hasn’t only been beneficial for the environment, but also for consumers. An easy way to recycle light bulbs completes another step toward making lighting environmentally-friendly.
This article was written by Karl Stockton for the team at Emergency Light Batteries.
Check Out What Others Are Reading:
👉 Equipment User Guide
- The Best Home Solar Panel For Beginners 2022: Solar Energy Basics 101 Easy To Install And Operate
- How Does Solar Energy Came About And The Science Behind 2022: Recharge Batteries With Solar Energy And Never Be Without Power Again!
- Reasons Why You Should Deep Cycle Batteries For Solar Panels – Going Green To Save Green 2022
👉 Solar Panels
- How To Clean Solar Light Panels?
- 30+ Most Frequently Asked Questions About Solar Energy System 2022: All You Need To Know About Solar Power As energy Source At Home – The Precautions And Myths
- Looking For Solar Panels At A Low Price? Benefits Of Quality Second Hand Solar Panels For Home Use And Points You Should Consider 2022
👉 Solar Heaters
- Why Solar Hot Water Heater? Top Tips On Saving Money On Heating And Efficient Use Of Energy 2022
- Basic Theory Of Water Heating For Pool By Solar Energy: The Lesson About Heat You Didn’t Know You Needed 2022
- Examples Of DIY Solar Panels For Heating Up Pools: Set Up, Benefits, Power Calculations And Points To Note When Installing 2022
👉 Solar Powered Gadgets And Equipment
- Solar Powered Shingles Review 2022
- Boiling Water With Solar Energy – Sunrocket Solar Kettle Review 2022: Best For Camping And Outdoor Activities
- Evergreen Solar Panels For Your Home: Models To Choose From 2022
👉 Solar Power Efficiency And Budget Plans
- 6 Reasons Why Solar Power Is The Most Sustainable And Viable Option For Home Electricity Use: Efficiency, Tax Breaks And More 2022
- How To Save Money With Solar Power At Home? Federal Subsidies And Rebates 2022
- The Truth About Solar Panels – Are They Worth It: Energy Output And Cost Analysis 2022
👉 Sustainability And Climate Efforts
- Renewable Energy Solutions 2022: Fighting Against World Energy Crisis And Climate Change – Solar Power Solutions at Home
- Want To Make An Impact On The Environment But Don’t Have The Means To? Try Saving The Environment By Exercising 2022: Things You Can Do To Go Green
- Renewable Power And Alternative Energy Advantages And Disadvantages: The All-In-One Comparison Guide 2022
👉 Product Reviews
- 4 Ways To Get Inexpensive Solar Panels 2022: Get New Home Solar Power Source For The Best Price Possible
- Best Amazon Black Friday Solar Power Deals For A Holiday Shopping Spree 2022: Be Eco-friendly At The Best Price Possible
- How To Brighten Your Landscape With Solar Powered Decor – Follow These Steps For The Easiest Outdoor Revamp 2022
👉 Solar Power DIY Kits
- Free Solar DIY Experiment Kit For Kids – Develop STEM Concepts With Renewable Energy Sources Early
- Reasons Why You Should DIY Solar Power For Home Use 2022: Unlimited Potential And Environmental-Friendly
- How To Build A Solar Power Unit For Home? Step-By-Step Guide To Build Your Own With Ease 2022
👉 Certifications For Solar Power